Website gilmorebell Gilmore & Bell
We are seeking a Compliance Analyst to join the team in our Kansas City office. Our Tax Compliance Analysts work closely with other analysts and our Tax Attorneys to provide superior service to our valued clients by preparing detailed computations and reports.
- We offer a friendly, relaxed and collaborative office environment which embraces the use of technology to deliver exceptional service to clients.
- We currently offer employees the flexibility to work in a hybrid work structure and provide the appropriate equipment to do so. Working in the office is expected more frequently while employees become familiar with the firm, learn new concepts, and meet new colleagues.
- Our Kansas City office is located in the vibrant Crown Center area close to shopping, restaurants, and bus/street car routes
- We offer a generous benefits package including 401(k) match, profit sharing, paid parental leave, and domestic partner coverage.
- Review financing documents and prepare basic pre-issuance documentation including bond yield computations, debt service schedules, amortization schedules (within Excel or other industry software) and other exhibits for bond transactions.
- Communicate with trustees, banks and clients to request financial and accounting records related to bond transactions and review/analyze records provided.
- Prepare annual and installment arbitrage rebate and yield adjustment computations for bond transactions.
- Track the total cost of the project financed by a bond transaction, including project costs paid from bond proceeds and other funds of the issuer/borrower and prepare final written allocation reports to memorialize the use and expenditure of these funds for the project.
- Prepare and distribute annual compliance checklists for projects financed by bond transactions.
- Prepare and draft report letters and opinions accurately using proper bond transaction terms, concepts, grammar and style.
- Present completed written reports and communicate internally the tax concepts and analyses used in the written reports.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Microsoft Excel
- Ability to plan, organize and manage a high-volume workload to meet deadlines
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and desire to learn
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software
- Strong mathematical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: pivot tables, formula functions, formatting
- Prior work experience in public finance, tax, or an accounting position is desired
- General knowledge of municipal finance and bond terminology
To apply for this opportunity and start your career with our firm, please send a resume. Please include a cover letter if there is additional information that would be helpful for us to know as we consider your qualifications.
Gilmore & Bell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and embraces the differences that make our employees unique. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.