We are seeking a Legal Practice Assistant/Paralegal to join the team in our Kansas City office.
- We offer a small, friendly, relaxed and collaborative office environment which embraces the use of technology to deliver exceptional service to clients.
- All our employees are equipped to work remotely during the ongoing pandemic and have been working remotely the majority of time since March 2020.
- Our legal practice assistants/paralegals perform substantive, valuable work, and are critical to our client service mission.
- Our legal practice assistants/paralegals are generally not required to track their time for billing purposes.
- Prepare initial drafts of legal documents for attorney review. Organize, review, revise and assemble all documents necessary to complete financing transactions. May conduct research, speak with clients, coordinate internal resources when necessary, and review various documentation to obtain necessary information.
- Prepare initial drafts of municipal securities offering documents for attorney review, including assisting with due diligence research and summarizing of demographic, economic, financial and operating data for the offering document.
- Simultaneously coordinate and track multiple transaction schedules to ensure draft and final document delivery in an accurate and timely manner. Assemble documents for signature and coordinate execution of documents.
- Interact with clients and other transaction participants in a professional and courteous manner primarily by phone or email.
- Maintain and monitor files in an organized fashion in firm’s document management system (NetDocs) and billing software system (ProLaw).
- Perform other clerical duties, including invoicing, composing routine correspondence, and saving, printing and scanning documents.
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office software applications: Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level of client service internally and externally.
- Professional and collaborative attitude.
- Proven organizational skills in a fast-paced environment; ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Independent, action-oriented thinker who is able to successfully undertake and complete projects and major tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to understand written legal material.
- Ability to understand and summarize basic financial statements.
Preferred, but not required:
- 3 or more years related experience.
- Paralegal certification or degree.
- Document management system experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter.