Website Gilmore & Bell, P.C.
Gilmore Bell was established in 1979 and is one of the leading public finance law firms in the United States with 56 attorneys nationwide. The firm primarily represents governmental entities and 501c3 organizations to negotiate financing alternatives including bond and lease transactions, economic development incentives and public-private partnerships. Complementing its core practice, Gilmore Bell also acts as underwriter’s counsel and bank counsel in public finance transactions.
We are seeking a Finance & Compliance Analyst to join our Kansas City office. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment and an excellent benefits package. Our employees are equipped to work remotely during the ongoing pandemic and are currently working remotely at least every other week.
• Review financing documents and prepare basic pre-issuance documentation including bond yield computations, debt service schedules, amortization schedules (within Excel and DBC) and other exhibits for bond transactions.
• Communicate with trustees, banks and clients to request financial and accounting records related to bond transactions and review/analyze records provided.
• Prepare annual and installment arbitrage rebate and yield adjustment computations for bond transactions.
• Track the total cost of the project financed by a bond transaction, including project costs paid from bond proceeds and other funds of the issuer/borrower and prepare final written allocation reports to memorialize the use and expenditure of these funds for the project.
• Prepare and distribute annual compliance checklists for projects financed by bond transactions.
• Prepare and draft report letters and opinions accurately using proper bond transaction terms, concepts, grammar and style.
• Present completed written reports and communicate internally the tax concepts and analyses used in the written reports.
• Possess strong Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Microsoft excel
• Ability to plan, organize and manage a high-volume workload to meet deadlines
• Maintain effective working relationships
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and desire to learn
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software
• Strong mathematical skills
Preferred but Not Required:
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: pivot tables, formula functions, formatting
• Prior work experience in public finance, tax, or an accounting position is desired
• General knowledge of municipal finance and bond terminology
• An MBA or master’s degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Finance, or associated field
• Experience using standard municipal industry software (for example, DBC Debt Structuring Software)