We are seeking a Tax Compliance Analyst to join our Kansas City office.
- We offer a friendly, relaxed and collaborative office environment which embraces the use of technology to deliver exceptional service to clients.
- All our employees are equipped to work remotely during the ongoing pandemic and have been working remotely the majority of time since March, 2020. We are currently planning a hybrid arrangement for summer 2022.
- We offer a generous benefits package including 401(k) match, profit sharing, paid parental leave, and domestic partner coverage.
- Review financing documents and prepare basic pre-issuance documentation including bond yield computations, debt service schedules, amortization schedules (within Excel and DBC) and other exhibits for bond transactions.
- Communicate with trustees, banks and clients to request financial and accounting records related to bond transactions and review/analyze records provided.
- Prepare annual and installment arbitrage rebate and yield adjustment computations for bond transactions.
- Track the total cost of the project financed by a bond transaction, including project costs paid from bond proceeds and other funds of the issuer/borrower and prepare final written allocation reports to memorialize the use and expenditure of these funds for the project.
- Prepare and distribute annual compliance checklists for projects financed by bond transactions.
- Prepare and draft report letters and opinions accurately using proper bond transaction terms, concepts, grammar and style.
- Present completed written reports and communicate internally the tax concepts and analyses used in the written reports.
- Possess strong Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Microsoft Excel
- Ability to plan, organize and manage a high-volume workload to meet deadlines
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and desire to learn
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software
- Strong mathematical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: pivot tables, formula functions, formatting
- Prior work experience in public finance, tax, or an accounting position is desired
- General knowledge of municipal finance and bond terminology
- An MBA or master’s degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Finance, or associated field
- Experience using standard municipal industry software (for example, DBC Debt Structuring Software)
To apply for this opportunity and start your career with our firm, please send a resume and cover letter.
Gilmore & Bell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and embraces the differences that make our employees unique. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.