With one of the largest public finance practices in the nation, Gilmore Bell has a unique understanding of the special concerns of issuers, borrowers and underwriters in public finance transactions. Your needs come first, and we are focused on earning your trust.
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join the Firm in our Kansas City office.
- We offer a friendly, relaxed, and collaborative office environment which embraces the use of technology to deliver exceptional service to clients.
- We currently offer employees the flexibility to work in a hybrid work structure and provide the appropriate equipment to do so. Working in the office is expected more frequently while employees become familiar with the firm, learn new concepts, and meet new colleagues.
- Our Kansas City office is located in the vibrant Crown Center area close to shopping, restaurants, and bus/streetcar routes.
- We offer a generous benefits package including 401(k) match, profit sharing, paid parental leave, and domestic partner benefits.
- Lead technology initiatives including computer security measures, the integration of AI strategies and technologies into our practice, and staying up to date on ever-changing risks and innovative solutions.
- Develop and execute a real estate strategy for future office space needs in Kansas City, as well as offices in Wichita, Salt Lake City, St. Louis, and Omaha, as we navigate the hybrid/remote environment.
- Execute, communicate, and manage the policies, strategies, and plans set forth by the Firm.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, including leading the technology, finance, communications, operations, human resources, and facilities teams.
- Preserve and enhance core values and ensure that the Firm is perceived as a desirable place to work both internally and within the legal community.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Previous experience overseeing operations team or one or more operational functions, which could include finance, information technology, human resources, operations, or facilities.
- 4 year degree in business, finance, or associated field (Master’s degree preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled in organizational development, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving towards clarity and solutions.
To apply for this opportunity and start your career with our firm, please send a resume and cover letter.
Gilmore & Bell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and embraces the differences that make our employees unique. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.