Gilmore Bell was established in 1979 and is one of the leading public finance law firms in the United States with 55 attorneys nationwide. The firm primarily represents governmental entities and 501c3 organizations to negotiate financing alternatives including bond and lease transactions, economic development incentives and public-private partnerships. Complementing its core practice, Gilmore Bell also acts as underwriter’s counsel and bank counsel in public finance transactions.
We are seeking an associate attorney to join our Salt Lake City office. Our offices are located downtown close to restaurants, TRAX stops, and shopping. We offer a friendly, relaxed, and collaborative office environment and excellent benefits. All of our employees are equipped to work remotely during the ongoing pandemic and we do not require that employees work in the office at this time.
- Represent states, counties, housing authorities, and other governmental and quasi-governmental entities or 501c3 organizations as bond counsel in bond and lease financings, economic development incentives, public-private partnerships and other project financings.
- Act as underwriter’s counsel and bank counsel in public finance transactions.
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- 0-4 years work experience, public finance/bond counsel experience not required
- Interest in transactional legal work
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy and commitment to excellence
- Independent, action-oriented thinker who can successfully undertake and complete projects and major tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Hardworking and a team player
- Able to fully embrace our firm culture of “Smarter, Faster, Nicer”
- Prior work experience in public finance, securities, real estate or tax
- General knowledge of municipal finance and bond terminology
To apply for this opportunity and start your career with our firm, please send a resume, transcript, and cover letter.