We are seeking an associate attorney to join the Kansas City office. We offer a friendly and collaborative office environment, parking, and excellent benefits. We are proud that we seamlessly moved all employees and attorneys to remote work in March 2020, and feedback regarding our quick response and continued flexibility during the ongoing pandemic has been overwhelmingly positive.
- Represent states, counties, and other governmental and quasi-governmental entities or 501c3 organizations as bond counsel in bond and lease financings, economic development incentives and public-private partnerships.
- Act as underwriter’s counsel and bank counsel in public finance transactions.
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- Interest in transactional legal work
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy and commitment to excellence
- Independent, action-oriented thinker who can successfully undertake and complete projects and major tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Hardworking and a team player
- Able to fully embrace our firm culture of “Smarter, Faster, Nicer”
Preferred But Not Required:
- Prior work experience in public finance or tax
- General knowledge of municipal finance and bond terminology
To apply for this opportunity and start your career with our firm, please send a resume, transcript, and cover letter.