We are seeking an Accounting Clerk to join the finance team in our Kansas City office. We offer a friendly, relaxed, and collaborative office environment which embraces the use of technology to deliver exceptional service to clients.
- Code and enter approved accounts payable invoices into the accounting system.
- Adhere to vendor onboarding procedures & research/resolve accounts payable issues.
- Respond to vendor inquiries quickly and accurately.
- Prepare documentation for funding accounts payable, produce accounts payable checks and/or code accounts payable ACH/Wire transactions within the banking portal.
- Code and record accounts receivable payments into the accounting system.
- Function as the finance team billing & time-keeping expert & assist with billing creation & issue resolution when necessary.
- Organize, secure & maintain firm accounting records in both paper & digital formats.
- Respond to periodic Form W-9 requests.
- Prepare & submit annual Forms 1099.
- Various ad-hoc data entry & database maintenance projects.
- Assist with detailed & technical tracking requirements that arise during the firm year-end process.
- Associates degree in accounting, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Attention to detail & commitment to accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management, and the ability to multi-task.
- Able to efficiently handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Able to handle confidential information securely & privately.
- Three or more years’ experience with accounts payable and accounts receivable processing.
- Strong Excel skills and general competency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with enterprise level accounting application generally, ProLaw specifically.
- Working knowledge of database structures & querying techniques.
- Billing preparation experience.
- Payroll processing experience.
- Bank account reconciliation experience.
To apply for this opportunity and start your career with our firm, please send a resume and cover letter.