Website Gilmore & Bell, P.C.
Gilmore Bell was established in 1979 and is one of the leading public finance law firms in the United States with 56 attorneys nationwide. The firm primarily represents governmental entities and 501c3 organizations to negotiate financing alternatives including bond and lease transactions, economic development incentives and public-private partnerships. Complementing its core practice, Gilmore Bell also acts as underwriter’s counsel and bank counsel in public finance transactions.
We are seeking a Compliance Services Administrator to join our Kansas City office.
- We offer a friendly, relaxed and collaborative office environment which embraces the use of technology to deliver exceptional service to clients.
- All our employees are equipped to work remotely during the ongoing pandemic and have been working remotely the majority of time since March, 2020. We are currently planning a hybrid arrangement for summer 2022.
- We offer a generous benefits package including 401(k) match, profit sharing, paid parental leave, and domestic partner coverage.
• Process and distribute reports completed by the Compliance Services team to clients including proofreading, editing, formatting, assembling, and invoicing in order to present a final package to clients.
• Prepare (including determining billing arrangement) and distribute invoices to clients and track and follow-up on payments.
• Update accounting system coding for matters, including calculation dates, billing dates, services, reminders, contacts, and other document management information.
• Interact with clients, attorneys and other members of the Compliance Services team in a professional and courteous manner by phone, email, and correspondence.
• Review Compliance Services engagements and bond documents to determine billing type, frequency, services provided, termination dates, and payments.
• Provide accurate information and reporting for forecasting.
• Maintain and monitor files in an organized fashion including updating accounting system and document management system and opening & closing matters.
• Assist with downloading and saving bank statements and other client documents and perform other miscellaneous duties and tasks to assist the Compliance Services team with completing engagements for clients.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1 or more years office experience
• Proficiency in MS Office software applications: Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook
• Strong aptitude for basic math
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and accuracy of work
• Demonstrated ability to work professionally and confidentially with a variety of personalities from all levels of an organization
• Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
• Independent, action-oriented thinker who is able to successfully undertake and complete projects and major tasks with a minimum of supervision
Gilmore & Bell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and embraces the differences that make our employees unique. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.